Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ford Focus Titanium sedan, an AutoWeek Drivers Log Car Review

DIGITAL EDITOR ANDREW STOY:

After spending an evening in the upmarket 2012 Ford Focus Titanium, I'm decidedly torn. My feelings about the chassis, brakes, steering--everything about the driving dynamics--remain the same as with our SE Sport tester a few weeks back: brilliant. For a C-segment car (granted, one tickling $27,000), the Focus is incredibly composed and unflappable in all but the most ridiculous street driving. The interior is beautifully crafted with quality-feeling materials, and the seats offer a perfect blend of side bolstering and lower cushion for my sometimes awkward, lanky frame.

NEWS EDITOR GREG MIGLIORE: 

I spent a lot of time logging miles all over town in this hot sedan, blinged out sportily in Titanium trim. I was impressed with the drive character of this car, and it's mainstream, agreeable and generally well done. Ford will sell a ton of these things, I'd say. Enthusiasts will like the chassis and composed body, which maintain bearing and a civil demeanor. The suspension is tight without being abusive. I found the steering to be light, but it returns plenty of feel for most regular drivers. 

ASSOCIATE EDITOR JONATHAN WONG: 

At long last, the United States gets the Focus the rest of the world receives--and we'll be getting a hot ST version, too, which is very cool. I live close to the plant where they build these things in Wayne, Mich., so I've been seeing a ton of them running around. They are sharp-looking cars with a front end featuring large air dams, which is good for the class. It's a welcome change from the drab and uninspired looks on the majority of the usual suspects like the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla.







0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment